The government is trying to save its face by showing some courage on the economics front. Some good bold decisions that have been pending for the last couple of years were taken by the government. The results of these decisions will take some time to become apparent so fingers are crossed and all we can do is to wait and watch.
I strongly believe there are two things the government can do to save its image...
1. Take Action against the CorruptTill date the government has taken a tough stand against all those who have spoken against corruption in the country. The biggest dents to the image of the government is the way it has handled mass movements...
- The midnight lathi-charge against peaceful protesters who were sleeping - Ramdeo's Hunger Strike at Delhi.
- The arrest of Anna Hazare when he was going to start his Hunger Strike demanding that the Jan Lokpal Bill be enacted.
- The arrest of Arvind Kejriwal when he wanted to meet the Prime Minister demanding the ouster of Salman Khurshid for the alleged submission of forged documents in related to the grant for aid-n-appliances for the physically challenged.
2. Get some good advisersThe biggest constituent of the UPA, i.e. the Congress party certainly needs some good advisers on its interaction with the people specially on issues related to the masses. Today corruption and inflation are the two most burning issues that the Congress has been unable to tackle very well. The high-handedness of the top leaders of the party is working very much against it.
The type of irrelevant and unrelated statements that this party's so-called leaders makes one wonder whether they even know what they are saying.